Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Series - "Candy Canes"

Hello Hello!

I know I haven't updated and for that I sincerely apologize. I really suck at updating. ):
Since this month is Christmas and all that jazz, I thought I'd do a series on Christmas designs. Hope you like them!

I thought I'd start off easy. I decided to do a Candy Cane themed nail design, because it's one of the things I love the most about Christmas. I absolutely love the flavored Candy Canes. Anyways, here's the tutorial.

//MATERIALS NEEDED & I USED//
- Base Coat - "OPI Base Coat"
- White Base - "Wet N' Wild - French Tip"
- Red Glitter Nail Art Pen
- Top Coat - "Sally Hansen - UV Top Coat"

Step 1. 
Apply your base coat. Again this step is crucial because if you don't the nail polish will stain your nails, and turn it into an ugly color. I'm speaking from experience!
WAIT FOR IT TO COMPLETELY DRY.

Step 2. 
Apply an even coat of your white base. I used two coats of the "Wet N' Wild". You can change up the color to match up your favorite candy cane.
WAIT FOR IT TO COMPLETELY DRY.

Step 3. 
Start drawing random lines of the red nail polish on top of the base coat. It's completely up to you on how thick the lines are. Draw all the lines at an angle.
WAIT FOR IT TO COMPLETELY DRY.

Step 4. 
Apply a top coat. Viola! It's done.


Hope this helps!
Stace.

P.S If you ever try these designs, I'd love to see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment