Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Series - "Snowman Part II"

Hello Hello!

Are you guys getting ready for Christmas? Can you believe that it's almost here? I don't even feel ready yet.

Anyways, here's the second part of the Snowman like I had promised. Hope you guys like it. I apologize in advance for the crappy photo. I couldn't get the lighting to cooperate with me):

//Materials Needed & What I Used//
- base coat - OPI "Base Coat"
- blue color - Essie "Coat Azure"
- white color - NYC "French Tip"
- black color - Wet N' Wild "Black Cream"
- red color - CM "Red Glitter" Nail Art Paint
- orange color - Nail Art Paint "Orange"
- top coat - Sally Hansen "UV Top Coat"
- dotting tools

STEP 1.
Apply a base coat. Wait for it to dry.

STEP 2.
Apply the blue nail polish over the ENTIRE nail. I used only one coat of the Essie "Coat Azure". Wait for it to dry.

STEP 3.
Using your largest dotting tool, use your white color to create the head and the body.
To create the head I used my largest dotting tool and placed a dot where I wanted the head to be. I then started to place dots around the single dot going out. This helps keep the circle for the head of the snowman. You can make the head as big or as small as you want.
To create the body, I placed dots in an arch to create the silhouette of the body. I then filled in the body with my NYC "French Tip" nail polish.
Wait for this to dry COMPLETELY or else you will smear it.

STEP 4.
Using your black color, create a single line above the head. Then create a small box above the line and fill it in. This creates the top hat for the snowman.

STEP 5.
Using the red color you're going to create the scarf. I used my CM "Red Glitter" Nail Art Paint, and drew two curved lines. I followed the shape of the head and body to do this. At the end of one side of the curved lines, draw two straight lines going at an angle to create the bottom half of the scarf. Fill in the red.

STEP 6.
Using a dotting tool, use the black color again to create two eyes and two buttons (or 1 if your nail is short).

STEP 7.
Use your orange color mixed with white to create the light orange color. Use a toothpick and dab on the nail polish. You can create the nose in whatever shape you choose. I went for the typical carrot nose.
Wait for it to dry.

STEP 8.
Apply a top coat.

And that's all! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

Hope it helps!
Stace.

No comments:

Post a Comment