Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tape Series - "Sunburst"

Hello Hello!

So this is going to be what I hope the start of many series in which I'm going to try to use whatever's around the house. I'm going to try to use similar materials in the series. So here goes.

The very of the series is the "Tape Series". I'm going to be using any sort of adhesive to get a design on my nails.

//Materials Used//
- OPI "Natural Base Coat"
- China Glaze "For Audrey"
- Love and Beauty  "Glitter"
- Love and Beauty "Avocado"
- OPI "Top Coat"
- Regular Tape
- Scissors
-Tweezers

Step 1. 
Grab some regular tape and scissors. Cut any length of tape you want, I'd say not to go more than 2 inches. You're going to cut thin, thin, thin elongated triangles out of the cut tape. I got at least 4 triangles per piece of cut tape. That's what my tape pieces looked at. It's up to you how many triangles you cut, I cut about 5 per nail so a total of 20. Each nail takes about 5 pieces of elongated triangles.


Step 2.
Use any base coat you have handy or want to use. I really like and use quite often OPI's "Natural Base Coat". It dries really fast. WAIT FOR THIS COAT TO DRY.

***WHEN I SAY WAIT FOR A COAT TO DRY IS BECAUSE WHEN YOU PUT NAIL POLISH ON TOP OF WET NAIL POLISH, IT TAKES LONGER TO DRY.***

Step 3. 
I used China Glaze "For Audrey", and used Love & Beauty "Glitter". The second color is optional. I just wanted the glitter for that extra pop of color
WAIT FOR THIS COAT TO DRY.
Step 4. 
You're going to place the pieces of tape onto your nail. I used a tweezer just so I could get a better grip on the tape piece.
I started off by placing one piece in the center. Press firmly on the nail to ensure the tape sticks and doesn't lift. the pointy end should be pointing to your cuticle. Try not to place it onto your skin though. The second piece I placed to the left of center piece. Then the right. Then the furthest left and furthest right. Try to place points of the triangles, one on top of the other. It should look like the photo on the right.

                                              Step 5. 
Paint your nail with the second color. I used Love & Beauty "Avocado". Just paint your nail like you would do normally. WAIT FOR THIS COAT TO DRY.

Step 6. 
Use your tweezers to pull the pieces of tape off. It's important to remember the way you placed the tape to take it off the same way. If you don't you could potentially ruin the design.
Step 7. 
Don't forget to put a clear coat! I used OPI's "Top Coat".

That's the manicure. I just placed the designs on two nails so that they would stand out better.

Hope you like this tutorial.

Until next time,
Stace.




No comments:

Post a Comment