Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tape Series - "Striped Half Moon."

Hello Hello!

I know you're probably surprised. A second tutorial within the same month!? It's been a while where I updated on a normal basis, but now, I have the resources to post. So everything will be a lot easier.

So for today's tutorial, I got inspired by the half moon designs I've been seeing lately. Now if you haven't seen this design before, let me try to explain it to you. You can wear it as a french nail design, BUT it's a lot lower than a normal french manicure. It goes I'd say about 2/3rds way down from the tip of your nail.

It's really easy and quick! I was inspired and did my own twist to it. I hope you like here.

Let's get started!

MATERIALS USED: 
- OPI "Natural Base Coat"
- Sally Hansen "French White Tip" as my base
- Kiss Nail Art Pen "Black" to draw the stripes
- Love and Beauty "Gray" for the tips.
- OPI "Top Coat"
- 3 Ring Paper Reinforcers from the Dollar Tree

STEP 1. 
As always, use a base coat. If you don't have a base coat, you can use a top coat. I do it sometimes when I run out of a base coat.
WAIT FOR THIS COAT TO DRY.

STEP 2. 
I used the Sally Hansen "French White Tip" over my entire nail.
Tip - I noticed as I did my nails you don't need to waste the nail polish and can do it about halfway on your nail - starting from the base. (YOU CAN IGNORE THIS TIP IF YOU WANT TO.)
WAIT FOR THIS COAT TO DRY.

STEP 3. 
I used my nail art pen to draw some lines. You can draw the lines in whichever direction you want. I choose to do mine in a slanted vertical lines. I only did the lines up half way to not waste nail polish.
WAIT FOR THIS TO DRY.

STEP 4. 
I took one reinforcer, stuck it on my skin and took it off a couple of times. This reduces the stickiness, and it won't pull off the nail polish. I placed it 2/3rds of the way down on my nail.
Then I took my gray nail polish and painted ABOVE the reinforcer.
WAIT FOR THIS COAT TO DRY.


STEP 5. 
Remove the reinforcer CAREFULLY. Put a top coat on.

That's it!
I hope you like it!

Until next time,
Stace.

No comments:

Post a Comment