Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cherry Blossom Nails.

Hello Hello!

So the first nail tutorial I decided to make/write about was the cherry blossom nail tutorial I used myself for Easter and just recently did on my sister's nails. I thought it was possibly the easiest one to start off with. I hope you like it.

Here's a list as well as a picture of everything I used to do this nail design.
- Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen
- Forever 21 Love and Beauty "Lavender"
- NYC "French White"
- Kiss Nail Art Pen
- Toothpicks
- Not pictured but Dar 2 Wear "Coral"

The very first thing you need to do, and I can't stress this enough is to use a base coat. I know it's kinda like a duh who doesn't use a base coat? But you'd be surprised. A lot of people like to skip this step and don't think it's necessary, but it's completely important. I just bought this base coat and I love it. It doesn't even look like I have any on.

Every time I paint my nails, I always do two coats of whatever color I'm doing only because I feel that if I miss a spot or whatever the first time around I can get it the second time around. So this is two coats of the Forever 21 Love and Beauty "Lavender". Let the nail polish completely dry before putting on another coat. If you keep piling nail polish on without letting it completely dry, it'll take even longer for it to dry.

Next I took my Kiss Nail Art Pen in silver and painted one corner of the nail. You can make it as big or as little as you want. You can even skip this step if you prefer. The finished product looks like it does on the right. You need to wait for the glitter to completely dry because if you try to draw the lines (branches) it'll smear and drag the glitter. Again you can skip this step if you prefer.

So after the glitter dries, I took my Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen and drew random lines around the nail. It doesn't have to be perfect. I drew a line on the left side going straight up then drew branches extending from the original line. Continue to draw lines wherever you feel like putting it.You're finished product should look like the one on the left. Let the lines dry! If you don't when you place the dots its going to smear.


I placed some white nail polish onto a piece of paper so I can dip my toothpick easily into it. With the white nail polish on the toothpick I drew 5 random dots in a circle to create a flower. You can put the flowers wherever you want to place them. This is where I placed mine.

After the white dries, don't forget the center of the flower. I took my Dar 2 Wear in "Coral" and placed a center. This is what my finished product looked like.

You can use whatever colors you prefer to do this nail design. There's no limits on it. It's simple and easy to start off with. The finished product on my sister's nails.



Hope this tutorial helped you.
Have a great week!
Stace.


1 comment: