Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dots.

Hello Hello!

So I recently did this nail design for my sister. It's super simple and it doesn't take long. I'd estimate it took about 45 minutes. This includes the drying time.

Here's all the materials I used.
- OPI "Natural Nail Base Coat"
- LA Colors (I bought this from the Dollar Tree)
- NYC Long Wearing "French White Tip"
- Toothpick

So as always I put at least one coat of base coats. If I have more time I put two layers on. It make it a little shinier afterwards. Always remember to let your nails dry before going on to the next step.

My sister wanted a nude base so she chose the LA Colors nail polish. This is what two coats looks like.  (Sorry it's a little blurry.) Always remember to let your nails dry before doing the next step.

Next I poured a couple of drops of the NYC "French White Tip" onto a piece of paper so I could dip the toothpick into.

Then starting at the top left corner of the nail, place one dot in the corner. Next put 2 dots on either side of the centered dot. Like in an "L" shape. You can curve the "L" or make it squared or follow the curve of your nail. The first layer of dots should look like the one on the right after you're done.

Next you're going to be placing dots above the dots you just completed. The dots don't have to match up. The only part I matched up was the centered dot on the second row. I put the same amount of dots (5) on the top. I spaced them out a little more so it went pass the first line of dots.

This is the final product.

Hope this helps!
Stace.

No comments:

Post a Comment